Taking Charge

 


The last 13 months I have been in survivor mode. With my Aunt’s decline of her health and then death, and then switching jobs to a high stress job working over 60 hours most weeks for the first few month, life has been crazy.  I started my journey at 375 and got down to 201. Now I am back up to 250. It is time to get things going back the right way. 

Now before anyone asks, I have stayed Keto the whole time, but with my Aunt, we were trying to cook foods that she wouldn’t turn her nose up at and getting her to eat a salad based meal even twice a week was hard. Plus she didn’t like some of our favorite meals. She could not tolerate any heat (black pepper) and she didn’t like some of the meat that we liked. So finding meals that she AND my children would eat was a full time hassle. Then with all the hours I have been working since she died, there hasn’t been a lot of prep time for meals. 

So now it is time to say enough excuses. It is time to start putting a little bit of focus back on myself and taking care of me and my family instead of just surviving. Over the last three months, I have made meal plans, then thrown them out the window because I was too tired by the time that I got home. I need to stay focused and get the job done instead of collapsing at the end of the day. 

In the above pictures, the outside shoot was my lowest weight and today is the green shirt. The weight gain is starting to show not only in the pictures, but also in the pain level of my knees and low back. My clothes are feeling uncomfortable and I refuse to go look in the garage and see if there is a bag of clothes that didn’t make it out of the garage to the thrift store. I also refuse to buy bigger clothes so I haven’t been doing any shopping lately. 

So this is me. Being honest with myself. Understanding life happened and now it’s time to reset.   Reset my goals, my attitude and my motivations.  Putting that 175 goal weight back in front of me.

Renewing my journey.


Here we go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me