Parades


Three years ago I didn’t think that I would ever be able to walk 2 miles in a day ever again. My feet would swell up just going to the store or walking a block. I had to sit with my feet propped up for hours on end to get the swelling to go back down. There was no way whatsoever that I could walk with any speed.  I remember walking to the store once with my two older boys and a cousin's daughter thinking it was just a few blocks when it turned out to be a couple of miles. (We were in a city that we were unfamiliar with.) The kids had to stop and wait on me to catch up to them so many times; I was in tears from pain and shame both.  We paid for a taxi ride back to our room because there was no way that I could make the trip fast enough that the food wouldn’t spoil  

Last year, I was able to walk 2 miles at a time and not have to worry about my feet. That was a huge NSV. (Non Scale Victory)  This year I volunteered to March with the High School Band for the homecoming parade. 

Then I was asked if I could march with them for the Christmas parade. I actually got to walk next to my son his Senior year for both of the parades and I was able to keep up both times. Grant it, I got winded and didn’t know if I could keep up the first time, but then the parade slowed down just enough and long enough that I could get my breath. The second parade I didn’t have any problems keeping up. In fact at the end of the parade I was trying to pass a couple of lines of kids so that I could get a better camera view because I was video taping them as they marched and played. 

When it comes to my feet and my ability to walk, my life is night and day different compared to before I started this “Way of Eating” two (plus) years ago.  I may get frustrated with the scale because I’m not seeing as much progress as I want with that at the moment possibly due to an increase of stress in my life, but there is no way that I’m going back to that old way of doing things.  After losing 175 pounds in the last two years, there is no going back.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me any time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me