2 Years


As I type this, August 13, 2021, it is my 2 year mark since I started this journey.  The first year, I lost over 100 pounds. To be specific, I lost 110 pounds. The second year, the weight loss has slowed down. Earlier this week I had to go get my yearly physical done for my job. When I looked up what I weighed a year ago, it shocked me. I have lost 59 pounds in my second year. All that I could remember was that I had only lost 19 pounds since November. That isn’t very much. However 59 is still a good number for a year. Don’t get me wrong, 19 isn’t bad, but I would have loved to do better in a 9 month period.  I know going forward the number will probably be smaller this next year, but I plan to stay the course and stay focused. 

One thing that I thought was exciting about my two physicals was a note that the two different doctors wrote.  Last year, the doctor wrote that I needed to have a consultation about my weight.  This year, even after I told the doctor that technically I am still 4 pounds obese according to the weight charts, he wrote that I now have a normal BMI.  I was over the moon about that.

I do wish that my cousin were here to see what he inspired, but I know that he is in a far better place than I can image right now. Quincy, you got me started on the path even though it was several years after you passed that everything came to fruition. 

The two pictures above are exactly one year apart. They were taken on my first day that I drove the bus home for my new job, and today. I have dropped 2 full shirt sizes, and I’m not sure how many pant sizes. (I was putting darts in my elastic waist line to make them smaller and smaller last year because I didn't wanting to spend the money to buy clothes.)   

It is obvious that I have lost weight. I still come across people who I haven’t seen in a while and they have no idea who I am. It is actually quit funny from time to time. I do have a lot more energy now than I did even a year ago and way more mobility than I did two years ago. 

Today my ankle is swollen like it used to be, but this is only the second time this year that it has swollen this bad. (I need to see the chiropractor ASAP and that should take care of it this time.  My ankle and the bones in my foot are out of whack.)  2 years ago, my ankles were always swollen and in pain on a daily bases.  It was never ending and always swollen.  Now it is an occasional interruption to my life, much more tolerable.  I anticipate what another year of “Eating Like A Bear” and this “Way Of Life” will bring. I’m not perfect in any way shape or form, but I can always strive to do my best and get up when I fall. I may end up covered in mud because of how often I fall, but as long as I keep getting up and moving forward, progress WILL be made no matter how big or little it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me