Vacation and Exercise


 

    Daniel and I took the three boys on a vacation this last week. In the past we would typically go out to eat once a day, maybe see a show or two, and then go to the pool  a few times, and hang around the room the rest of the time. This year was completely different. 

    This trip our days were planned around an event that we would go do.  The first day always includes shopping because you have to have groceries. (This day also happened to be my birthday. I have always asked for ice cream on my birthday, even as a kid. I would ask for ice cream instead of gifts. I found Rebel ice cream for the first time ever.  I was in Heaven that day. Thus the grocery store picture has me holding ice cream. No, I didn’t eat them all in one day either.) The second day was Sunday so we went to church and saw some wonderful friends. The third day, we had company come spend the day with us.  Up to this point all normal things for our vacations and every day a trip to the pool.  Then we started doing some different things.

  


    The fourth day we went on a hike and saw some waterfalls.  We walked on logs and rocks that I don’t think I could have gone over even last year. Our 8 year old was soaking wet when we got back to the car. He decided to walk right down the middle of the creek both ways. He had fun with it. The day did end with a trip to the pool as well.



    The next day, we took the kids Mini-golfing. Daniel purposefully picked the route with the most stairs so that we would get more exercise (a thing that he wouldn’t have done two year ago.)  Some of the steps were pretty good size too. Then during the heat of the day, we rested before another trip to the pool. 



    The last day, Daniel and I went on a scenic drive and left the kids in the room because they were “tired of hiking” and “just wanted to rest and hang out in the room and go to the pool.”  The trip to the pool did happen as well, but Daniel and I really did see some beautiful area.  We drove around Table Rock Lake and up to the Chateau on the Lake. They have a beautiful land scape in front of the Chateau. I got to put my feet into Table Rock Lake for the first time ever. I know that we have been to Branson countless times and we have been on the lake, but I have never been in the water till now. I didn’t have any water shoes and the concert was slick as could be. Since I didn’t have any clean clothes with me, I didn’t want to risk falling. We also were able to see a couple more friends on our last night in Branson and a few more on the way home. 

 


    So maybe next time we need to spread out the walking adventures so they are not all one after the other. 🤣  It was a fun trip though and much different then previous trips. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me