Jealousy or Envy

I am starting to see the jealousy and envy in people's eyes.  Hearing words like, "I don't have the will power" or "I wish that would work for me". I know that in order for me to give up the Dr. Pepper, I had to get to a place where my health was more important to me than the Dr. Pepper.  I remember sitting in the Dr. office and telling him that I only drink one a day.  That was right most days, but it was 44 Oz. (no ice) of Dr. Pepper.  Then if my boss wanted to give us a treat, she would buy another one for me.  If I went somewhere and there was nothing else to drink, I would have another one.  I had to believe that giving up Dr. Pepper, pancakes, and waffles was something that I needed to do to lower my sugar in take.  I was to the point that I knew I would be in a wheelchair if I didn't change something soon.  After taking care of my Aunt and doing things for her that she couldn't do for herself any more, I realized that I didn't want my boys having to do those same things for me some day.  Then the Dr. Pepper, pancakes, and waffles didn't seem worth it anymore.  

After I had made that step,  I started doing some research about the effects of sugar on the body, then I started reading labels.  There is so much hidden sugar in the products that are so easily accessed.  It blew my mind how much sugar I had been eating for all those years.  Then I found out that sugar is connected to Cancer, Tumors, Alztimers, and much more.  Why are we consistently feed the line that bread is a important part of our daily diet?  Bread, tortilla shells, pasta, and rice are loaded with sugar and carbs that quickly turn to sugar.  I started researching food options with less sugar.  The more that I learned, the more that I realized this Way of Eating is the right way to go.  It is not a diet, it is a new way to eat.  I still get to eat all of my different kinds of meat and most any veggies that I want, just in new ways of prepping them.  

People have asked me for menus.  All I can say is that I eat 3-4 BIG salads a week and 3-4 hot Keto meals a week.  That is it.  Examples are Taco salad, Cheeseburger Salad, Philly Cheese Steak Salad, Fajita Salad, Garden Salad.  There are many different kinds of soups, like meatball soup, Shrimp and Zucchini Soup, Chicken and Veggie soup, and Taco Soup.  Then there are many other options like Steak and a salad, Pork Chops and Amanda’s cheesy cauliflower (one of my favorites by the way),  Ribs and Broccoli, the list can go on and on.  

I can show you how to do this Way of Eating, but until your "Why" is bigger than the Dr. Pepper, pancake, or waffles, you will never progress.  So what is your WHY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me