How Do We Measure Success?


 I have talked about this before when I talked about my husband, but it never hurts to drive it home again. 

From April 10th to May 15th I had some extremely stressful days and several emotional days. One of them, I actually went to the kitchen and ate way more calories than I should have. I stuck with keto friendly foods, but not salad. According to the scale, I gained 7 pounds over the course of a week of stress and then I lost 5 of them. So no process according to the scale. Then on May 15th, my husband helped me measure with a measuring tape. Between my arm, bust, bra line, waist, hips and thigh, I lost a total of 6.25 inches with 2 of them coming off my hips. 

So how do you measure success? Well, my stressful weeks don’t look like success and the scale didn’t either, but the measuring tape sure says that a lot of progress was made. 

Don’t get me wrong, I do want the scale to move again and soon, after all, I am almost in “ONEderland”.  However, never let your mind deceive you into thinking that the scale is the ONLY way to measure success. Get a tape measure , you'll be glad you did.  

Comments

  1. Tonia i will be starting Eat like a bear tomorrow what veggies are not acceptable to eat? And how many times a day can I eat? And can you tell me how you did your program of fasting? In otherworldly when did you eat? And when was your last meal for the day? Just trying to understand how this diet works, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you sister bear! You're such an inspiration to me!
    I've read Amanda's book and love referring to it often.
    I am thrilled to eat like a bear. The salads have all been fabulous and I just ordered 5 copies of Amanda's new Jumpstart book... so now I can help others too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me