She Didn't Even Recognize Me

 


So in just 12 months, I went from a size 32 to a size 16.  

Then last Saturday I had an appointment to get my hair cut. I have been going to the same lady for the last three years, but with the Covid shutdowns, it had been 7 or 8 months since she cut my hair. (My husband cut it for me after everything shutdown) 

When I walked in, she asked if she could help me. My response was that I have a 12:30 appointment.  She then asked me for my name. I told her that I was Tonia Walker. She told me to go ahead and take a seat and she would be with me in a few moments. After just a moment, she asked me what was different about me. I proudly told her that I had lost 130 pounds in just over a year. 

When she heard this, she and the other customer in the chair both gasped and she informed me that she hadn’t recognized me at all when I had come in. So they asked how I did it.  Little did I know that they had just been talking about how they both needed to loose some weight. 

I showed the customer and her both the before and after pictures for Me, Daniel (my husband), and Wain (our oldest boy). They were both amazed at the results that we are having. By the time that I left, they were both saying they would be looking up the Eat Like A Bear group on Facebook when they got home. 

It is amazing that in just a matter of months, I have had people tell me "You look different" "What has changed? You don't look the same"  "I didn't even recognize you" "You look like a totally new couple" and (my favorite from my 16 year old) "Mom, you're less squishy" while wrapping his arms around me.  Also, I loved seeing the excitement in my seven year old's face when he said "My fingers touch, Mommy" as he wrapped his arms around my waist for the first time.




Comments

  1. So very happy for you and your family!! You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you're already helping so many others. God bless you!
    Congrats to you and your family... on your healthy new lives together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful. you should be so proud. You got rid of 2 people living in you. Don't ever let them move back in. You look so happy and beautiful. You














    You are an inspiration to others You are beautiful and should be the post child. <3





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey