Sitting in Chairs That Have Arms




One year ago, sitting in a chair with arms on it was extremely painful and very embarrassing.  I didn't fit in any of them.  I remember one time going to Olive Garden with my husband and some friends and having to stand a wait at the table until they could locate a chair without arms.  My hips were so large that if I attempted to sit in a chair with arms, it was sometimes so painful that I would end up with bruises on my hips.  Forget driving a car like a Prius, I would, yet again, have bruises where the seat belt buckle was at.  I am a huge supporter of my children and their activates and sometimes this would make attending their functions very painful.  One such place is the theatre room at the local High School.  In the past under the leadership of the "old" band director, all performances were held in the gym.  It had bench seats and no backs to the seats.  When the "new" band director showed up, he changed all of the performances to the theatre room.  I went from enjoying the event to I have to sit in this row, in this section, and on the edge of my seat and the whole time, I would be praying that the seat wouldn't brake while I was sitting in it.  (I had seen one brake with someone else who was smaller than I was, and I would have cried with humiliation if that happened.) 

Then I started on this Keto/Eat Like A Bear journey and only NINE WEEKS into it, I went to a meeting that was in the High School Theatre.  I went to my normal row and sat down not even thinking about it.  I sat there and realized that I had actually sat IN the seat not on the edge.  It was also no longer hurting to sit there.  Yes the bars on the side were still touching my legs, but there was no more pain and I wasn't bruised the next morning.  I was sooooo excited that I told Richard to take my picture and I was grinning from ear to ear. (The picture at the top)

Fast forward from October to just last week.  My husband and I stopped at a local place of business and they have some seats for people who are patiently waiting on their order.  I sat in the seat and was, yet again, overwhelmed at the changes my body had made.


This time my legs barely touched the bars.  There was no way that I would end up in pain, at all.  I even had a bit of wiggle room.  I know that I still have a ways to go, but "Eating Like A Bear" has changed my life and I will never go back to where I was before.  Thanks to Amanda Rose and the amazing people on the "Eat Like A Bear" Facebook page, it is simple and easy.  

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Featlikeabear.life%2Felab-digital-course%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR22Ejw46S2BXOWyK0SQZbS1Iu4dGmjjNh54q5kO-HjP9gwPH4kCD7mzkLY&h=AT3LLKQgq9q3Dny75on82dD1WJcJmXhmkJ1SvhMkHuDr-QOEANdVaPMxmHVmg4yH1xD-tQ3kDwLQUgajlTlKyDaYwVmeAPefJ5UJcTkp8YpYEMWgLwV7GqKWeYkFs07anrJQeGGgL5lGBJxM-A&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT1BoCsrzgnk-lZP5_dyGGGrN43dgTWtxvxbB5cNdyW-jMGnlu5szDZadiXZZp6xIt0qe7wS2tAApEG35ngSqR1HXXXz1TyfNGRhytQyOX6DMYkYiIQn_karPmICsG3Qt1Tz1v2TRM4afjA6MxYBh686YGzaJqGqVQ



Comments

  1. So happy for you!! Keep up the great work- amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am thinking of starting the Eat Like A Bear diet and have been very inpired by your story. Your two photos sittig in the various seats is a stateent in itself.
    Well done you have done so well and I feel inspired to collet my thoughts and sart this diet myself.
    Thank you for your advise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Do It?

The Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey

She Didn't Even Recognize Me